Re: Signs of Spring

I don't know how you guys stand it. If it gets down to 50 here, my fingers turn into prunes, I begin slapping my arms, and wonder if I've got long johns somewhere in the dresser.

On Feb 6, 2007, at 6:04 AM, Donna wrote:

currently *minus* 9 actual temp, supposed to warm up to *plus* ten, and of
course, snow- predicting 2-4 inches... just lovely...

Donna

----- Original
Message ----
From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com" <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
To:
gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2007 8:43:21 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] Signs of Spring

In a message dated 02/05/2007 8:39:37 PM Eastern
Standard Time,
gossiper@sbcglobal.net writes:
no spring here.... last night
it was minus 10 degrees then add the wind
chill.... we are in a real cold snap
and are breaking records....  for temps
and longest times under freezing....
burrr... and no relief in sight till end
of next week... sigh.
    Same here.
It was 6 degrees here last night and fiercely windy today.
It's 14  here
tonight but going down to the single digits.  There is not any
relief
predicted for at least a week.  We have had such low temps before,
but usually
in late December or early January.Because of the very mild
temperatures
through December and early January, many things were
already budding out.  The
worst of it is that there is only about an inch
of snow cover for insulation.
The days are getting longer and we are
supposed to have some dimuinition of
the bitter cold.I guess this has