Re: Since no one...

Thanks, Vera. I'll see if I can do that. Sounds like it ought to work.

On Feb 10, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Vera Metzke wrote:

Not sure of you assembly under the seat but at work they took one and placed a pipe just a size larger in the height they wanted the chair and slipped it back together. It was capable of placing the stem inside the other with no obstruction between? It didn't drop any more and stayed that height? Of
course we suggested pvc pipe first and paint to match.

Vera

On 2/6/07, Pam Evans <gardenqueen@gmail.com> wrote:

Time for a new one buddy. I am very short waisted, so I have to sit high
too.

Mine has height adjustment but I don't use it. I keep it at the lowest
setting so I can touch the floor.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message -----
From: "james singer" <islandjim1@verizon.net>
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 5:35 AM
Subject: [CHAT] Since no one...

seems to be talking about plants, I thought I'd talk about chairs.

I've got this old office chair that I perch on when at this computer.
bought it 6 or 7 years ago at GoodWill and, well, it kinda looks like that's where I got it. But for the last however many years, it's been
very serviceable chair. Now, alas, its serviceability is coming to an
end.
It has one of those pneumatic height adjustments that has gone senile,
swear. At any given moment it will simply deflate, and I will be
sitting
nearly on the floor. Does anyone know if there is some way I can
permanently lock the thing at its highest position, or should I just
take
it back to GoodWill and look for another one?

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10