Re: Beautiful

Yes, Zem, I am indeed very fortunate.  We are really a good
and devoted group.  I don't think I have ever made a proposal
to them for any project that they didn't respond positiviely to.
I guess you have to be some sort of nut to devote as much
time and effort to garden club as we do - but we get a lot
of satisfaction out of it.  I guess part of it is the old saw,
you only get as much out of anything as you put into it,
and those who are only interested in eating don't get the
real benefits of all the many aspects of garden clubs.
Now, don't get me wrong, my club eats very well.  We
bring a pot-luck lunch each month, and som of the food i
fantastic.  No one is required to bring anything, but most
of us like to show off our culinary skills.  But eating is
not the central focus of our activities.  Next week we are
offering a workshop in basic line design to members of the
District - led by two of our best designers.  We had to cut
off attendance at 20.
It's really too bad about your club.  I wish you were near
enough to belong to ours.  I can't really offer any advice.
If they don't get it, they just don't get it.

In a message dated 02/10/2007 11:03:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,