To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 12:57 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Beautiful>Since

Zem, I feel your pain...
I think your message sounds more like it should be under the current subject line "Since no one..." wants to contribute...

I'm in somewhat the same boat. Our MG Nursery is very successful but I struggle trying to get volunteers to commit to time-consuming tasks. I can't do it all. Our group has swelled to 15 people who wnat to work in what is called "The Propagation Group", but which I refer to as the Nursery because there's virtually no propagating going on. I have 5 people willing to start one or two varieties of plants from seed and/or propagate from cuttings. No one is willing to organize the potting and digging production of 1500 plants. No one is willing to make the 2000 hang-tags. But I do have 6 members who meet at coffee shops to plan our herb container experiment. 6 people to pot up 12 to 20 containers to see if there is consumer interest in them. This is a small trial run that, if it pans out, we would expand next year. I appreciate their interest in this project, but there's a lot more things that NEED doing. If this pattern continues, I'm just going to have to scale back the whole program.

Kitty
neIN, Zone 5