Re: It was colder today...

In a message dated 02/16/2007 5:36:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
than I want to get used to. Below 60 F all day, with wind chill of
around 47. Now, I know that sound balmy to some people, but not to us.
Our average high for this time of year is in the 70s.
Poor Baby!
It was warmer here, today, too - got up to around 27 in
mid-afternoon, but with a very brisk wind that brought
the wind-chill factor down to around 10 degrees.  I was
able to lever the blocks of ice off the front steps left
from Wednesday's sleet storm.  There was a a four-inch-
thick crust of ice on the steps.  Couldn't budge it
yesterday, but today got a lever under it and cracked
the block.  Couldn't lift the blocks, but was able to
tip them up and roll them out of the way. Being old
and feeble makes things like this more difficult.
Stay warm!