From: "Aplfgcnys@aol.com" <Aplfgcnys@aol.com>
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 5:06:08 PM
Subject: Re:
[CHAT] It was colder today...

In a message dated 02/16/2007 5:36:04 PM
Eastern Standard Time,
islandjim1@verizon.net writes:
than I want to get used
to. Below 60 F all day, with wind chill of
around 47. Now, I know that sound
balmy to some people, but not to us.
Our average high for this time of year
is in the 70s.
Poor Baby!
It was warmer here, today, too - got up to around
27 in
mid-afternoon, but with a very brisk wind that brought
the wind-chill
factor down to around 10 degrees.  I was
able to lever the blocks of ice off
the front steps left
from Wednesday's sleet storm.  There was a a four-inch-
thick crust of ice on the steps.  Couldn't budge it
yesterday, but today got
a lever under it and cracked
the block.  Couldn't lift the blocks, but was
able to
tip them up and roll them out of the way. Being old
and feeble makes
things like this more difficult.
Stay warm!
message text