Re: new pics....rain chain

Hi Noreen-
The former owners of this house had put real, regular chains up to act a rainchains. The things weighed like 40 lbs each and I've been worried ab out them ripping down the facial board and or gutters since we moved in. So.....6 years later I finally got around to doing something about it. The new chain only weigh about 5 lbs- much better!! And they are solid copper, so their won't really rust, but they will patina- which is what I want. They do sell some that are coated so that they don't patina, if you want to shiny copper look to last. I don't anticipate ever replacing the new ones- can't imagine why I'd need to. Hope this help- and I'm sure they would look great on your garden house.

TeichFlora@aol.com wrote:
Me too, Andrea. I've wanted one for the longest as well. We get entirely too much rain to put it on the house, but it would be great on the little garden house. Convincing DH is a different story. Theresa, you mentioned having to replace an old one, or did I misinterpret the one post. Read it late, was tired, so quite posible. However, if so....can you tell me why you needed to replace it, and how long you had the original???? This is DH's main point that it will rust out and thus not be worth the money for the time it will last, with our weather extremes. Noreen
zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast