Re: Nobody said Squinty...

Oh, the things those cats will do! One night I couldn't find Hecate. I looked everywhere in my bedroom and bathroom since they are her world. I finally pulled out a dresser drawer, and there she was! I have no idea how long she had been there. I have found her shut up in the linen closet and in the top of my clothes closet. She only weighs about 3 pounds (at 8 years of age) so she can fit virtually anywhere. I'm glad you were there to help Squinty out of her stressful situation.
To: "Garden Chat" <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 12:37 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Nobody said Squinty...

was very smart. Today she demonstrated why. For some reason, she jumped from a kitchen counter into a narrow space behind the refrigerator. So narrow, in fact, she had to stand one her hind legs to turn around. I was in the kitchen at the time, but didn't see her do it. I did hear her pathetic mewling, however, soon afterward. I could tell she was stressed and looked everywhere--in cupboards, under chairs. Once I found her, Ms Fatma helped me move the fridge out of its niche and open a space large enough for the cat to jump back onto the counter.

She seemed embarrassed by the experience and went outside immediately.

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10