Re: Nobody said Squinty...

I nearly lost Orangecat from that sort of thing. He was having trouble breathing so I took him to the vet. We just made it- vet said he wouldn't have lasted much longer. A chunk of his own throat had broken off and blocked his breathing. Vet said it was most likely from leaping to a table and missing, hitting his throat against the edge. Very strange.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Monday, February 19, 2007 1:44 PM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Nobody said Squinty...

Reminds me of the time a couple of weeks ago when our Jane
missed her leap onto the kitchen counter because of some
pans there, and fell into the open dishwasher.  She had
trouble getting out - dashed off downstairs and hid for
the rest of the day.  She hates to be laughed at under
any circumstances, and I'm sure that under the gray fur
her face was very red.

In a message dated 02/19/2007 1:38:06 PM Eastern Standard Time,