Re: Nobody said Squinty...

Fridge is as close to the wall as we dare.

On Feb 19, 2007, at 3:30 PM, Theresa W wrote:

I'm so glad she was OK and you were able to rescue her! I actually know someone who's cat did the same thing, but the poor cat broke it's leg when it landed in a weird stuck way behind the fridge. Poor little thing ended up with a splint and cast, but healed and it fine now. Can you push the fridge any closer to the wall to prevent a repeat episode with Squinty?

Theresa

james singer wrote:
was very smart. Today she demonstrated why. For some reason, she jumped from a kitchen counter into a narrow space behind the refrigerator. So narrow, in fact, she had to stand one her hind legs to turn around. I was in the kitchen at the time, but didn't see her do it. I did hear her pathetic mewling, however, soon afterward. I could tell she was stressed and looked everywhere--in cupboards, under chairs. Once I found her, Ms Fatma helped me move the fridge out of its niche and open a space large enough for the cat to jump back onto the counter.
She seemed embarrassed by the experience and went outside immediately.
Island Jim
Southwest Florida
27.1 N, 82.4 W
Hardiness Zone 10