Re: Washer/dryer

Ceres, I bought a set of Magic Chef about 1987 and liked them quite well. Replaced them with Maytag Atlantis about 2002. They work fine but I am VERY unhappy with them, even though it is not entirely their fault.

When I bought the Maytags, I'd only had the plain Magic Chefs before so I thought by getting paying twice as much for a better brand with some of the options I 'd be doing better. However, the most important feature was missing. There is no lint trap in the Maytag washer. The MChef had a basket in the center that caught all the lint and cat fur. I called Maytag about it and she told me that washers are no longer made with them, the lint goes out the holes in the sides of the tub. Well it doesn't, but she was right. I went to several stores and couldn't find a single washer that had a trap. So now I wash my laundry and put it in the dryer, cat fur and all. About 20 minutes into the drying time I have to wipe down the door and inside of the dryer to collect fur and lint. I also have to wipe out the fur in the washer tub. What a pain. This was not an improvement. But I'm stuck with it.

neIN, Zone 5
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 5:56 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Washer/dryer

Question for you all, what kind of washer/dryer do you have or want? If you
have it, are you happy?   What is the best feature?
    You know when one goes they all go.   We replaced our furnace last
spring but I won one. Late last fall we replaced the refrigerator and now it is
the washer and dryer.   I have never had anything but Maytag and have been
fully satisfied with each. My current set is 21 yrs old. Maytag, Iowa owned in
the past, have had some real problems recently and I am leaning not to
purchase another. Energy efficient and reliability is the top requirements

Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp. Most comprehensive set of free safety and
security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and much more.