Re: Washer/dryer

Theresa, Amana is another formerly owned Iowa company however it to has been
sold but I do not recall who purchased them.   Of course Whirlpool now owns
Maytag and Whirlpool also makes Kenmores but made to the individual
     I believe the anti dryer sheet usage is due to the dryer sensors and not
all dryers have those but that is a requirement for the one I may purchase
and my current dryer has it.   That is a definite energy saver.
     We purchase a protection plan from our energy company for all our
appliances.   I have only one call to make for repairs on the furnace, AC, water
heater, stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, washer or dryer.   I love it.   They
also pay so much per year of coverage when you replace any of these items and
then addtl amount if they meet the energy efficient rqtmts.
     Kitty, Magic Chef was a division of Amana but not sure they even exist
any more.   We had a MC hi--efficiency furnace in our last home.   I currently
have an Amana range and microwave.
     I purchased a Maytag refrigerator in Nov which replaced a Kenmore we had
for 20 yrs.   I got an energy efficient, top freezer, single door, ice maker,
glass shelving and Bisque color which was difficult to find.   All most all
refrigerators are stainless steel or black which I do not like either one.   I
narrowed my selection to a Maytag and Amana which had the same features and
decided on the Maytag because it was cheaper.
     I hate the research required to make such a purchase.

 Check out free AOL at
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/index.adp.  Most comprehensive set of free safety
and security tools, millions of free high-quality videos from across the web,
free AOL Mail and much more.