RE: where did everyone go?!?

Dear All,

I've been off work this week, and as fate would have it, I've been sick with
a bad cold (thanks to my children at school). I have a list of things a mile
long that I hoped to do!

It's been frigid here, but warmed up to the 40's for a few days.  It was not
enough to melt the two inches of ice that's covering the long walkway to my
front door.  The walk is in a lot of shade, so it takes longer to melt.  Now
we're back to below freezing temps! The day the ice was laid, I was at work
all day.  I could shovel some light snow, but I injured my back at school,
so nobody tried to clear the walk. Why my husband couldn't get out there is
beyond my understanding!  I guess it's because I'm the one who usually

Enough complaining!  I've enjoyed following everyone's posts, but didn't
have the energy to write. :<(

I need (really desire) one of those large capacity washing machine/dryer
combos.  I looked at the Kenmore and the Whirlpool. I have to get a top
loader because my laundry room is tiny, but I have upper cabinets and the
new machines are taller and I don't think that I have clearance for the dang
thing to OPEN!!!! Drats!!!  Back to the drawing board!

I'll try to post something garden related next time.  It will have to be
about houseplants as nothing exciting is happening outdoors!

Chris Petersen
Northport, Long Island, New York
 Zone 7a (Average min temp 50 - 00)