garden show

My husband and I went tonight to the Home and Garden show in OKC.  I told
them of our Horticulture Society membership which they didn't take but
offered us a senior citizen price, $5.00.  I must need to touch up our hair
color.  :-)
We enjoyed it even though it was more home stuff than garden stuff... still
fun in February to see some garden landscapes.  Some really nice waterfalls
and creeks... loved the see through Plexiglas that you can walk across the
running water.
Paul James is to speak tomorrow...
We just bought a  Vita-Mix  that they were showing all these great recipes.
She made a tortilla soup with just hot water, fresh vegetables.  That sold
me alone but then she made raspberry sorbet, peanut butter, fresh fruit
smoothie, vegetable drink, chocolate/ Carmel banana ice cream, banana ice
cream, and fresh salsa.  We were going to eat before we went home but this
was more than enough to take care of us.  I can't wait to use it at our
Master Gardener meeting in March.  We have a speaker that is going to talk
on Organic gardening and I am in charge of refreshments. I plan to make the tortilla
soup and one of the ice creams.  Does anyone have any recipes ideas to share
or any experience with a Vita Mix?