Re: Chinese Clivia

Those are really nice, Auralie. As much white in them, though, I'll bet they take forever to grow.

On Feb 23, 2007, at 7:05 PM, Aplfgcnys@aol.com wrote:

Just learned today from a fellow flower show judge in CT about
Chinese Clivias.  These are variegated plants that are grown for
foliage - the flowers are said to be insignificant.  Supposedly
they are rare and extremely expensive - which may be why I
haven't come across them before.  I looked at the website, and
I must say I don't think I have missed too much, but I don't like
to be ignorant.  Am I the only one who has missed these?
At least, I hope I'm not too old to learn something new.
Auralie

http://www.clivia.net.cn/c6.aspx

Island Jim
Southwest Florida