Re: roll call time!

Well, it's a good thing my DH and I do a lot of camping with no water or
electricity available!  Our power was out for a little over 24 hours
Sat-Sun.  We at least had a Mr. Buddy heater, flashlights, LOTs of stuff
that works off batteries, and a gas stove for cooking.  I was prepared -
stocked up on the three B's (bread, books, and booze!) and I certainly
enjoyed the quiet.  We were lucky.

The surrounding areas are told they won't get power until sometime next
week.  Huge call for generators at all the big box places.  The rain came
first, then sleet, then ice coating everything (gee, sounds like Rich in
Nebraska).  High winds snapped power poles, especially in rural areas.
Lots of tree damage, too.  Got my work cut out for me once the snow melts a
bit and I can get the branches picked up.  Thankfully none hit the house.
There is a huge one that hit the porch, but no damage that can't be fixed.

Headline in today's paper:

Shelters opened last Saturday, and will continue to be open, as we have a
second ice/snow/wind wave coming Thursday.  Hold on!

Melody is in Hills about 40 miles south of me, and Ceres is in Des Moines
125 west, so thankfully I don't think they were hit as hard.

You all are the bright spot in my life!  Imagine, daffodils and forsythia!
Planting peas and onions!  Oh, and not getting eaten by your neighbors

Donna, are you having any trouble getting older computer systems patched
for the DST changes?  I have some obsolete Sun boxes here at work, and Sun
is charging me $400 a pop to patch "vintage" servers.  Someone wasn't
thinking ahead!

Iowa z4b