Re: Chicago

I've only been there a couple of times, the last in '98. We like museums. Field Museum and Modern Art Museum were both worth the time. The Art Museum had a fabulous display of medieval armor form several cultures and some gorgeous stained glass. The Field Museum has the mounted lions made famous in the movie The Ghost & the Darkness which was just out when I visited. There were some antique stores that made us wish we had brought a truck load of money (hah) The water front area downtown was nice, good views over the water
We had fun
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Franzman" <dfranzma@pacbell.net>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2008 9:04 PM
Subject: [CHAT] Chicago

Hey folks

We could use some guidance here. Next week we're travelling to Chicago
to watch my son graduate from basic training and since the only time I
have visited that city was when I was going somewhere else I'm looking
for a few suggestions that Linda, Jason and I would enjoy visiting. I'm
sure there isn't much in the garden line this time of year but that
wouldn't make Linda and Jason overly happy anyway. So, for you folks
that know the windy city and can make some restaurant suggestions that
would be great.

Thanks guys

DF