From: Donna <gossiper@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Friday, February 8, 2008 3:35:30 AM
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Chicago

Next week when??

Pack all your warm clothes and plan on buying a jacket or three....Your
gonna freeze here. Sunday high is supposed to get to 7 and with the wind
predicted, it will feel like minus 20 something.

You must be up by Great Lakes, so you are actually way north of the
city. Plan on it taking awhile to get to the heart of Chicago as they
just got 13-20 inches of snow the other day... and with all the cold
weather setting in (not to mention it is snowing now and more later
tonight) it might be rough for you to be driving in it if you are not
used to snow and ice.

  I am a southsider (40 miles south of Chicago) so I don't go up there very often.

  I am sure Linda would like Gunree mills, a large store outlet area. http://www.simon.com/mall/default.aspx?ID=1251

Judy is right, we have some of the best museums around.
http://www.msichicago.org/ http://www.fieldmuseum.org/
http://www.artic.edu/aic/ http://www.sheddaquarium.org/ The auto show
starts this weekend too.

    http://www.chicagoautoshow.com/

  All of those are in the same area.

Also in the downtown area is the Lincoln Park conservatory if you need
some green time.

    http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/parks.detail/object_id/45AA3ED2-7C6F-4461-83B2-29CB991637E6.cfm

  Donna

David Franzman <dfranzma@pacbell.net> wrote:
  Hey folks

We could use some guidance here. Next week we're travelling to Chicago
to watch my son graduate from basic training and since the only time I
have visited that city was when I was going somewhere else I'm looking
for a few suggestions that Linda, Jason and I would enjoy visiting. I'm
sure there isn't much in the garden line this time of year but that
wouldn't make Linda and Jason overly happy anyway. So, for you folks
that know the windy city and can make some restaurant suggestions that
would be great.

Thanks guys

DF