From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Jesse Bell
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 8:42 AM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Finally made it back!

WOW Melody. Off the list, send me your address...just want to make sure
I still have it correctly. I'm gonna send you something in the mail as
soon as I can.

Melody <mhobertm@excite.com> wrote:
  Dear Friends: It has been a long time but I finally made it back to the
list! I have missed you guys so much...and since I no longer have a
second job working for the church I figured I can finally have the time
again to keep up with all of you.

I'll give you all the shortest version I can of what I've been doing since I
left the list...

* Finished the third year of my Ministry formation program
* Got a new puppy: chocolate lab named Zeke; born June 2007.
* November broke my right ankle/foot.
* Became a grandma! Sophia Grace born on November 15.
* Lost a young friend, Tonya, to suicide December 1st.
* Lost my job at the church just before Christmas because a couple of
parishioners got very nasty in their objection to us not forcing Meg to
give Sophie up for adoption.

* My husband's Uncle Red died unexpectedly December 23rd. His wife Janet had
just buried her brother that morning.
* December 29th my older brother Greg was murdered at a truck stop in
Michigan, stabbed in the heart with a hunting knife by a fellow truck

* The day of his burial another one of Meghan's friends, Dave, killed
*The evening of his burial I broke my left ankle/foot.
*The next day I took a leave of absence for a month from my nursing job at
the hospital...

That really is the condensed version...sometimes I wake up and find
myself wondering how did I end up in the middle of this soap opera that
my life has turned into? And more importantly, how do I get out? I am
pinning all my hopes on being able to work that one out in my garden
come springtime. If this miserable winter of ours ever ends...more snow
than we've had in many years, lots of ice storms, and record cold temps.

Anyway, it's good to be back...I really have missed the joy that this
list brought to my life because of all of you. After the mess I've let
my garden become over the past 2 years, I am depending on all of you to
keep my spirits up as I go about setting it to rights...a long and
arduous task I am sure.

Work for the Lord: the pay isn't much but the retirement is out of this

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.