hort.net Seasonal photo, (c) 2006 Christopher P. Lindsey, All Rights Reserved: do not copy
articles | gallery of plants | blog | tech blog | plant profiles | patents | mailing lists | top stories | links | shorturl service | tom clothier's archive0
Gallery of Plants
Tech Blog
Plant Profiles
Mailing Lists
    Search ALL lists
    Search help
    Subscription info
Top Stories
sHORTurl service
Tom Clothier's Archive
 Top Stories
New Trillium species discovered

Disease could hit Britain's trees hard

Ten of the best snowdrop cultivars

Plant protein database helps identify plant gene functions

Dendroclimatologists record history through trees

Potato beetle could be thwarted through gene manipulation

Hawaii expands coffee farm quarantine

Study explains flower petal loss

RSS story archive

Re: OT-Hard Decisions

There's no good answer. I think you need to sit down and cuddle her, look into her eyes, and really see what's going on. Come to grips and make a decision. The back and forth isn't helping either of you. When we decided my German Shepherd was in too much pain, I took him for a last run in the park, we had a wonderful time, and then we went to the vet. I was just broken after that, but I still believe it was the best thing to do. But if you think there's still some quality time, make the most of it.

neIN, Zone 5
----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrea Hodges" <andreah@hargray.com>
To: <gardenchat@hort.net>
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:33 PM
Subject: [CHAT] OT-Hard Decisions

Hi all-I've been hemming and hawing for months now about the health of my 12 1/2 year old chocolate lab Gracie, and I think I've come to the decision that it's time for her to move on. I talked to my vet last night and he agrees. I'm basically writing to vent. I feel guilty because she's still eating, happy to
see me when I get home, wanting to go on walks, etc. However, she has
thickening in her lungs that makes it hard for her to breathe, severe
arthritis in her spine, horrible allergies that make her itch and get
infections ( Always has) and has become basically incontinent from all of the prednisone she's kept on. I don't think I can take it any more. But, again, I feel guilty. My vet assures me that it's quality vs. quantity when it comes to a dog's life and the quality certainly isn't there. He was out of town today but will be in tomorrow and I'll probably take her tomorrow or Thursday. She's on pain meds right now to keep her comfortable. I am OK. Just feel like I have
a knot in my belly stressing over it. My oral defense in Texas is in 3
weeks-on the 14th of March. I am so stressed about school I could scream and just want it to be over. I think this is adding to my stress level of course. Then I've had someone quit at work and she's hemming and hawing about the date
she's leaving and I'm about ready to tell her to just freaking go. She's
holding up the rest of us. I was supposed to have a test in calibrations last week. I had questions for my professor which I emailed several times. Never heard from him and still haven't gotten a copy of the test, so that puts me
behind in my pesticides class. I've moved on the next chapters that we are
supposed to start studying this week. I need a vacation. Thanks for listening

Andrea Hodges
Beaufort, SC

To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG Free Edition.
Version: 7.5.516 / Virus Database: 269.21.1/1300 - Release Date: 2/26/2008 7:50 PM

To sign-off this list, send email to majordomo@hort.net with the

Other Mailing lists | Author Index | Date Index | Subject Index | Thread Index

 © 1995-2017 Mallorn Computing, Inc.All Rights Reserved.
Our Privacy Statement