From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On Behalf
Of Andrea Hodges
Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2008 5:53 PM
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] Fruit Flies!!

Fungus gnats are much smaller than fruit flies, and I've always wondered how

a fruit fly knows you have fruit..............smell?

The fungus gnats really won't hurt anything, but it's aggravating I know to
have them buzzing around. I'd take the terrarium outside, cover the
aquarium, and then blast them with raid or something. If they come back when

the terrarium comes in then that's most likely the source. Maybe your
extension office will have some better solutions.