I have "Grand Eggs"!!! My first batch of baby chickens laid eggs
yesterday! Out of those five babies, I got two doodlers and three hens.
When we gathered eggs yesterday, there were 8, but three of them looked
considerably smaller than the others. I stared at them for a minute and
said to my husband "HONEY..I think these are the younger chic's eggs? I
read that the first few times they lay eggs, they are small?" He said
those three eggs were in a different nest. Gray chicken is "large and in
charge of ALL egg sitting" and she won't let the younger hens in her
nest. The three older hens lay eggs in one box, and Gray Chicken sits on
them. So I knew it had to be from the younger hens. They start to lay at
6 months old...and they are not quite 6 months old yet. WOO! My
grandchics had grand eggs. I'm so proud.

Jesse R. Bell

I GoodSearch for Heifer International.