Re: February happenings

  • Subject: Re: February happenings
  • From: james singer <inlandjim1@q.com>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 15:38:34 -0800

We had rain all morning, and are supposed to get more tonight. But I got sort of a head start on the weekend. This AM I had my taxes done, and when I got out of there, the rain had let up some, so I drove out to one of our better nurseries looking for the last two blueberry varieties that we want to add to the landscape. Found one of them; the other, they assured me, is ordered but not delivered, and they'll call me as soon as it comes in. Came home and almost immediately got a phone call from Peaceful Valley about a cherry tree my sister ordered [they're shipping it today]. Then spent the rest of the afternoon making seed tapes for nurse-planting beets and bok choi and carrots and radishes. While rummaging in the seed drawer, I found a packet of snow pea seeds, so those get planted tomorrow. Today's been almost as good as digging in the dirt.