Re: Way OT
gardenchat@hort.net

Bonnie, Am sending positive vibes. You seem to have a great attitude. We're
 all thinking of you. Kathy

In a message dated 1/31/2010 6:30:42 P.M. Central Standard Time,
bonnie_holmes@comcast.net writes:

Breast  cancer. One of my nodes was also positive so I have to have
chemo.  Yesterday, I finally got a shower and hair wash. Last year, we
renovated  our bathroom and included an attached hose and head in the
shower along  with a seat. Was I so glad. Also, I have a drain so I
wasn't sure what I  could do with it while showering. A cancer site
suggested handing it on a  necklace or ribbon. It worked great.

ETN Zone 7

-----  Original Message -----
From: "Patricia Dickson"  <pdickson@sbcglobal.net>
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Sent: Sunday,  January 31, 2010 6:33:02 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: Re:  [CHAT] Way OT

Bonnie,
I am sorry I have to ask but I forgot what  kind of surgery did you have?
You sound good!
Hope you never need any  pain pills or at least not many!

Patricia Dickson

On Jan 31,  2010, at 1:02 PM, BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net>
wrote:

Surgery is over; it was a long day on Wednesday. We left the house at
6:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 8:30. One of my nodes had a little
cancer so it's chemo for me. I was hoping to avoid that. No pain
medicine since the first night; most discomfort is my throat. Sultry
tones in red moose flannel pjs. What a combination. (I also have plenty
to say about our existing system.)

While resting the past  couple of days, I spent some time on the net and
discovered Rush  Limbaugh's latest insult to women. Looking to see what
was being said  about it, I found lots of comments to newspaper and radio
blogs from young  men who thought it was great. Made me wonder if this
type of insult to  women by a national radio talk host might be
encouraging abuse. I have  helped with our local Haven House for Abused
Women and their Children and  am a little sensitive to this. So, I've
sent an email to each of his major  sponsors and plan to follow up with
letters. I'll let you know if they  bother to respond.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/video/item/limbaugh-uses-tampon-defense-in-hait
i-comments

Copy of his JAN 14TH broadcast.

Many women are sending  letters and/or boxes of tampons to his sponsors
in protest. Can't believe  these companies ignore their female customers.

Carbonite
177 Huntington Ave.
Boston, MA 02115

LegalZoom.Com, Inc.