Re: Spring
  • Subject: Re: Spring
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 15:33:27 -0600

> It may be a harbinger: Flower buds on the apricot tree are beginning
> to break; flower buds on the cherry trees are swelling up. Weather's
> still crappy, though; overcast, drizzly, persistently chilly.

Hi Jim,

I hope you're right!  I'm getting antsy...  :)

Here in East Central Illinois we had snowdrops open about a week ago
and my 'Christmas Cheer' witch hazel is about six weeks too late, but
just starting to flower as well.

The local nursery had potted Helleborus niger in full bloom out back,
but with $20 price tags.  I'm not that desperate yet, and I know that
mine will open eventually.  :D

We're expecting some cold to come through here in the next week or so,
so my wife and I have been busily planning an early April trip to
New Orleans to compensate.  We'll get our warm weather one way or another!