Re: catch up
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: catch up
  • From: "Daryl" <dp2413@comcast.net>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 13:58:12 -0500

Rich,

I've been through PT at least a dozen times for this and that - usually knees, but most recently for my shoulder, both pre and post surgery. If it's painful during and after PT, talk with your physical therapist. If there isn't a satisfactory answer, check with your doctor.

Some of my physical therapists have been too aggressive and have done more damage, or I have done more damage doing their regimen without complaining and getting some better advice. Doing one knee rehab, I wore out the groove that hold the kneecap in place. During another, I developed metatarsalgia from doing too many heel raises. That last left me in a foot cast for months.

My current therapist is a dream. She's tough, but she listens and if something hurts, she'll give me an effective work around. I made amazing progress with my shoulder with her. Despite the fact that I'll need to have a shoulder replacement because of the arthritis, I have full range of motion and enough strength for any normal purpose.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Apking" <redfour@omni-tech.net>