Re: I think it's spring
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: I think it's spring
  • From: BONNIE_HOLMES <bonnie_holmes@comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 18:28:30 +0000 (UTC)

It really is looking like spring here in East Tennessee, although we did
have some frost this morning. Daffodils, crocus, winter jasmine, and
maple trees are blooming. Other trees and shrubs are budding. Lilies and
iris are pushing up. Grass is greening. Of course, we also are known for
some terrible winter storms in March so it could happen here, too.

I just planted a kerria given to me by a friend. We tried forcing and
got some pretty good results, not as long lasting as forsythia.

ETN Zone 7