Re: Texas Magazine article
gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: Texas Magazine article
  • From: Patricia Dickson <pdickson53@gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 18:14:11 -0600

I have planted dwarf yaupons, sago palms, varigated ginger, foxtail
ferns and plumbago. I want to plant lots of rosemary and lavender. They
talked about split leaf philodendron being a great plant for here that
the deer dont bother. We have a lot of live oak trees so there is more
shade and partial shade. I have 3 hibiscus and a meyer lemon tree that I
have in pots. I have to roll them in and out of the garage right now.
Even if I leave them on the back porch the deer will get brave enough to
come defoliate them every once in a while. I really need to give them to
someone that has a fenced in area.