Re:

Cathy, I agree with you for the most part and while I'm not a believer in
victimization (blaming everybody else for our ills mental or physical) it is
difficult for the layman to swim against the current of popular science and
what the experts all say...at least the experts who have the money and agenda
to sway public opinion.  If we're told a pill will cure us and many doctors
look down their noses at herbal cures and they are unregulated, then what are
most people supposed to do or think?  There are several areas of our lives
where the quintessential Madison Avenue sells us ideas or products that
really are not the best idea but because of money and power they are the
direction we go.  This is true in economics, politics, medicine, science,
education (where for some reason we're convinced that a computer is mandatory
in each class room) etc.  Like our happy california cow commercials we're all
named Bob.  As much as I hate to admit it!

DF