Children's Gardens / MOBOT

Lynda & Melody & Danielle,

Glad you like the ideas!  When I was a kid I was into Nancy Drew and may
have to do something about that next.  Of course today's kids would
probably want a Goosebumps Garden.  I can just see an area that looks
like a skiers' moguls course, each bump planted with strange things.

Danielle, I think you should read the books in order because in the books
the children age.  In order:
        HP & the Sorcerer's Stone
        HP & the Chamber of Secrets
        HP & the Prisoner of Azkaban
        HP & the Gobllet of Fire

I'd like to suggest that anyone who is near St. Louis should not fail to
visit MOBOT, Missouri Botanic Gardens.  They have a children's garden
that is chock full of really neat ideas.
I understand that there are some other children's gardens around the
country and that the AHS has started a listing.  Here's a link:
www.ahs.org/hotriculture_internet_community/
national_registry_of_childrens_gardens.htm

When my children were young,  I let each one pick something out of a
catalogue, bought it and we planted it.  It did have to be hardy in this
area!  One son picked black tulips for a couple years and became very
disgusted that they were always 'just dark purple'.

I think it's only fair to add that they became very tired of planting
daffodil bulbs and swore that when they grew up they'd never do it.  Lots
of grousing!
Hasn't worked out that way though, hehehe.  A mother's memory is long and
revenge sweet.
Our oldest son, 36, has purchased $20 worth of bulbs from the plant
society each year for the last 7-8 and planted them, he likes the
tazettas.  This year our youngest son, now 32, asked if I could send him
some of those miniature daffodil bulbs, that he thought they were neat.

Linda Wallpe
Cincinnati, Ohio
PS>  Bonnie, We don't watch the 'reality' shows either.  Maybe Ohio is
just resistant.