From: owner-gardenchat@hort.net [mailto:owner-gardenchat@hort.net] On
Behalf Of Kitty Morrissy
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 4:24 PM
To: Agardenchat
Subject: [CHAT] epis, PD cat

I just received the Garden Vision catalogue.  Oh my!  I now want to
plant a whole forest of epimediums.  Darrel Probst lists avbout 170
varieties and the photos are stunning!  He also carries some iris and
primula and a TN Bloodroot.. The Plant Delights catalogue is cute but
doesn't rival last year's.  However, there are some fantastic new plants
in it,
There's a gorgeous new orange Solomon's Seal that will reach 5 ft.  A
Delosperma with salmon flowers.  Some great epis, but Garden Vision has
the same one's for less.  There's a Mulenbergia that's hardy Z7-10, that
I wonder if it would be possible to overwinter in the garage.  A
groundcover primula.  And a 'Dancing Crane' Ginger that is WOW. One can
dream.... Kitty