Re: photos

In a message dated 01/05/2003 11:59:21 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tchessie@yahoo.com writes:

> Nice pictures Theresa, thanks for posting &sharing them! I am curious about
> the basils--sacred and thai. Are these culinary basils, and if so what's
> their
> flavor like

Not Theresa, but I have grown both of these.  The Thai basil is culinary -
very nice in stir fries, but I like the Italian kind better for pesto.  I
really grow this one because I love the plant.  It makes an attractive, bushy
plant with very pretty, but not showy, lavendar flowers.  Just a nice filler
in a sunny bed or planter.  The Sacred Basil is a little odd - nice plant but
doesn't smell appetizing to me.  I don't know it's origins or provenance, but
I would guess it may be connected to one of the Eastern religions.
I would be glad to learn about it.  Auralie