Re: David's Cows

i'm sure you would. me, too.

but i'm not.

and [aye] there's the rub.

At 08:12 PM 1/16/03 -0500, you wrote:
Well Jim, if I were a cow (and stop RIGHT THERE - skip the wisecracks) I
think I'd be happier in a field, a meadow, or even a stall chewing on some
hay, grass, whatever, able to move about a bit, lay down when I felt like
it, milked a couple times a day as nature dictates.....rather than standing
in a narrow stall, unable to turn around much less lie down, fed BGH to
cause me to triple my milk output so I'm milked round the clock, swollen
udders causing infections, constantly treated with antibiotics, swollen
legs....so maybe a cow doesn't know from horrific, but I bet they know
they're far from "happy".

Peta was