Re: Re: time question

Ceres,

A great deal depends on the connection between your ISP and the ISP
of the sender as well as the ISP of the server on which the email
list resides.  All messages are broken into packets and sent on the
internet via the best available bit of bandwidth to be reassembled at
their various destinations...and if some backbone, line or server is
having a hiccup then you, the receiver, won't get the message as fast
as someone else or even get the original message before someone else
has gotten it and replied and their reply gets to you.  Strange, I
know, but it happens all the time.  Sometimes, messages simply get
lost in the ether and never get to their destination...so don't
assume just because you sent an email, the recipient ever got it:-)

When all is working on all eights, email can appear to be sent and
received in real time, but that's not usually the case.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

> From: Cersgarden@aol.com
>
> I rcd this message from Jim which had been sent at 7:10 and
questioned why I
> had not rcd the message from Rich.  I then rcd the message from
Rich at which