Re: Re: now elderly ramblings< now elderly wisdom (orany other kind of wisdom for that matter!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Re: now elderly ramblings< now elderly wisdom (orany other kind of wisdom for that matter!
  • From: Cersgarden@aol.com
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:43:09 EST

In a message dated 1/23/03 9:59:23 PM, mtalt@hort.net writes:

<< I garden; it's the ONLY way:-) >>

Marge, I must agree with you but I also have a second outlet and that is
quilting.  I think it is much like gardening in that it is designing with
color, form & texture.  It is amazing how many gardeners are quilters or
maybe, how many quilters are gardeners.
    This also means that I am a collector of quilting books/magazines as well
as gardening books/magazines, fabric as well as plants and never enough time
to do either.  Quilters, like gardeners, are friendly, creative and flock
together.
    My favorite form of quilting is fine hand appliqued floral creations
which is a transfer of real gardening experiences to fabric .  The need to be
creative flushes the stress of every day living.
    Ceres