Re: feeding birds was: in defense of starlings was: fat birdies

And talk about frozen solid - our koi pond has an (artificial) stream leading to it (we keep the pump running all year to keep the koi alive) and for the past three days the stream has been frozen over, with liquid water running beneath the ice. I felt sorry for the birds that enjoyed the stream. We have a heated bird bath, but it is too close to the house to attract most birds...
Cathy