Re: winter garden blooming

Goodness, Judy,
    You must live in far southern Idaho... I always think of you guys as
*very* cold and windy. Can not match you... my Chinese witch-hazel has been
in bloom since the first week of this month... cold weather keeps it from
full opening, and it is too cold to go out the and stand about and enjoy the
color. the scent is missing now as well. Will need to warm up a bit for that
wonderful scent to get about.
    I do have a bit of Erica here, but not real showy in this weather.
Helleborus foetidus is doing just fine, thank you very much. The primula are
out there but no one is showing a nose above the mulch as yet bloom-wise.
Lots of crinkly green leaves, buds down in the center waiting for our first
    Did see a couple of nice displays at the Nashville, TN convention center
this weekend. The big annual antique and garden show. Much more antique than
garden, but nice. Nothing rare or unusual, but two landscapers had set up
water features with native stone. Did purchase a Nunn orchid in bud while I
am waiting for a break in the weather.
    Gene E. Bush
Munchkin Nursery & Gardens, llc
Zone 6/5  Southern Indiana