Re: now plant clubs

In a message dated 01/27/2003 4:57:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cersgarden@aol.com writes:

> <<Also, isn't it exciting and inspiring to
> see tables of prime specimens all set out together for comparison? >>
>
> Auralie, with respect to you, I do appreciate a beautiful arrgmt but this
> is
> not my desires.  I want to see a well designed landscape using all these
> wonderful plants and their companion plants. I think this is the trend or
> at
> least in our area.  I work in the greenhouse and noone ever asks how to use
> plant in an arrgmt or how to prepare for a cut display nor could I provide
> information with knowledge.
>   I do enjoy the flower shows horticulture classes if they are properly
> identified.  I especially like the collections.  I have entered these
> classes
> but without knowledge of what or how it is done.  I did, however,  have the
>
> detail identification.

I was not referring to the arrangements - but to the horticulture classes.
Now if you came to our Horticulture School you would know how to grow and
exhibit prime specimens of horticulture.  A Standard Flower Show, by
definition, must have more Horticulture Classes than Design Classes.  In my
opinion, that's the interesting part of the show - seeing what people grow;
learning about new varieties; comparing my specimens with others.  But, as
you said, something for everyone, and I know flower shows are not for
everyone.  Auralie