From: Island Jim [mailto: jsinger@igc.org]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 17:09:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [CHAT] The pigeon Curse

when i had the sheep farm, my next door neighbor's son raised pigeons. he
has a large treehouse-type cote from which the pigeons were free to come
and go.

this neighbor's other next door neighbor was a state wildlife ranger. once
he brought home a redtail hawk with a broken wing and nursed it back to health.

once the hawk could fly again, it cleaned out the pigeons in about a week.