MG discussions

Of late there has been a lot of discussions re MG activities here on
gardenchat. You know that AHS had an MG list and will dump it Feb 3.
Well, traffic had just recently stepped up a little there when the ax
fell, so they are starting up a new MG list. If any of you are
interested, here is the invitation:

John Hower wrote:

Good evening, everyone.
I set up a Master Gardener group on Yahoo. The URL is

Currently, I have the group configured that a new member must send a
request to join and receive approval. This is not to keep anyone out, but
simply to try to keep the list focused. I have seen other Yahoo groups
where anyone could join without moderator approval, and some cretins view
an open list as an invitation to join, spam a group and quickly leave.
Likewise, the group information is available only to members, so no one
will see your email address or messages unless they are a member. There are
a number of features available to us: a file area, database, picture
archives, etc., so please look around and post suggestions.

If we are fortunate enough to have one of the land-grant universities pick
up on the idea and operate a listserve, we can decide to discontinue this
group. At the least, it gives us a stopgap measure to stay in touch.

I welcome suggestions to edit or add to the welcome message on the group's
home page.

I look forward to hearing from all of you!

John Hower