Fw: [aroid-l] Taxonomy for horticulturalists available for FREE !!!!

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: [CHAT] Fw: [aroid-l] Taxonomy for horticulturalists available for FREE !!!!
  • From: "Marge Talt" mtalt@hort.net
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 03:41:15 -0500

For those of you interested in taxonomy and nomenclature, I forward
this message from AROID-L.  Follow the link and download (takes a
while) the paper...quite interesting reading, I'm finding ( have not
finished it).

Scroll down below my SIG for the forwarded message...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
> From: Wilbert Hetterscheid <hetter@worldonline.nl>
> To: 'Aroid-l' <aroid-l@lists.ncsu.edu>
> Subject: [aroid-l] Taxonomy for horticulturalists available for
FREE !!!!
> Date: Sunday, January 26, 2003 2:09 AM
>
> Fellow aroiders,
>
> As some of you know I have a "secret" life as taxonomist of
cultivated
> plants and have been developing some new ideas in this department
as well as
> cooperating in writing up the Cultivated Plant Code. Recently a
paper was
> published in the Horticultural Reviews (vol. 28) of which I am
co-author.
> This paper was initiated by and is first-authored by the Chief
Potatoe (or