Re: Reading CHAT on site

  • To: gardenchat@hort.net
  • Subject: Re: [CHAT] Reading CHAT on site
  • From: "Christopher P. Lindsey" <lindsey@mallorn.com>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 00:22:59 -0600

> Is there some way to change the font on my screen for the archived messages?
> The messages appear on my screen in the font "Enviro", which is not very
> easy to read.  If I change the viewing text size to largest, it is easier to
> read, but I'd rather just see the messages in something plain and easy to
> read like Arial or Times New Roman.  It's just the messages, not the headers
> or the rest of the page.  I have the same problem at Amazon.  The book
> summaries appear in Enviro while the rest appears in a normal font.
>
> Is there some way to fix this on my end?  If not, Chris, could you be a
> little less fancy?  thanks.

Hi Kitty,

   I'm guessing that your browser is converting stuff that's in
   pre-formatted (using the HTML 'pre' tag) format to that font; most
   systems display it in Courier by default.

   Can you tell me which of these pages have that problem?

      http://www.hort.net/agora/view/raw/hort.gardenchat:10585
      http://www.hort.net/agora/view/hort.gardenchat:10585

   Also, could you send me the output of this page:

      http://www.mallorn.com/cgi-bin/env

   Probably best in personal email.  :)

Thanks!

Chris