From:  [mailto: mlrasmus@rockwellcollins.com]
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 17:10:09 -0600
Subject: [CHAT] Rose Bowl Parade

>Iowa played in Florida again this year so Jim your wonderful state
has<br>>another great northern boost to your economy and in exchange
returns with<br>a<br>>victory. Mardi will need to fill us in on the
details when she returns.<br><br>Ceres and all, Tampa was a very
welcoming community to the Hawkeye fans.<br>Even the locals said
temperatures were warmer than normal (highs of 74 to<br>77 degrees -
sure beats the 6 above zero I woke up to at home this<br>morning!) And
winning the game didn't hurt, either. We'd been to three<br>Rose Bowls
and lost them all. Got to see the RB parade once - truly a not<br>to be
missed activity in the future if we're out that direction.<br>Tried to
tour the Sunken Gardens in St. Pete's because we were in
the<br>neighborhood, but it was closed for a special function. Too bad -
it drove<br>me nuts looking at all the plantings and not knowing what
they were. LOTS<br>of difference between zone 4 and 10! Recognized the
hibiscus, and that was<br>about it. Didn't get to the arboretum with 300
kinds of palms (DH might<br>have balked at that one) but we did get to
walk on the beach, get our feet<br>wet, and pick up shells.<br>Excellent
trip until we got back to Cedar Rapids which was fogged in.<br>Diverted
to Rochester MN and bused back, got home at 7PM instead of
10AM!<br>Guess it just made for a longer vacation.<br>Boy, were the cats
glad to see us. Catsitters just aren't the same.<br>Mardi<br>Iowa

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com