Re: cat collars was now cat door

That's more amazing than bathing cats, Jesse. Having a Jack Russell sit is unheard of! He must be on drugs.

On Tuesday, January 6, 2004, at 09:30 AM, Jesse Bell wrote:

I bath my cats because of my allergies...and I blow dry them. When you start them young, they get used to it. The cats don't necessarily LIKE it, but they deal with it. Now my Jack Russell Terrier...HE likes to be blow dried. NOW...when I blow dry MY hair, he sits on the floor underneath my feet...waiting for his turn.

From: kmrsy@comcast.net
To: gardenchat@hort.net
Subject: Re: [CHAT] cat collars was now cat door
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 14:18:41 +0000

I used to bathe my cats once a year, every August. It had to be hot out
so they could air dry because they won't tolerate a blow dryer. Then my
vet said, "Why?" He claims they don't need baths, so I don't anymore. I
remember Spot in the bathtub. He would stand still and take for as long
as he felt was warranted and then try to climb out, but I knew all the
angles and moves. So he finally tried to climb over my head! That was

> It's one of those things you've got to start them on when they're
> little. Jesse actually bathes her cats, I can't imagine. I'd be in the
> emergency room if I tried that w/ her highness. But she gets them used
> to it when they're little bitty.
> From: "Marge Talt" <mtalt@hort.net>
> Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 23:57:04 -0500
> >> From: Pamela J. Evans <gardenqueen@gbronline.com>
> >> Sugar only tolerates a collar because we've been doing this since
> >she
> >> was little. She knows if she wants to go out, she has to wear the
> >> collar. Otherwise she can stay in and look out the windows.
> >> ----------
> >
> >I doubt I'd be able to convince the Mighty Hunter (AKA Teeny Kitty)
> >to wear one even to get outside. I do have a little screened porch
> >off our bedroom and she goes out there when the weather permits;
> >otherwise, she sits in a window that has one of those feeders that
> >you can see into but the birds can't see you attached to it and
> >dreams bird biting dreams.
> >
> >Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
> >mtalt@hort.net
> >Editor: Gardening in Shade
> >-----------------------------------------------
> >Current Article: Spring Peepers
> >http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/shade_gardening
> >------------------------------------------------
> >Complete Index of Articles by Category and Date
> >http://mtalt.hort.net/article-index.html
> >------------------------------------------------
> >All Suite101.com garden topics :
> >http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635