RE: now weather, Pam's-Progress on the garden wall

That's probably why your cannas do so well. Up here, if you dig cannas
too soon, before the tops have really blackened, they won't cure well.
It's warmer underground then above and your cannas are probably getting
a reasonable amount of cold treatment but not as severe as they'd get up