gravel spacer under eaves

Bonnie,
Not Marge, but - after the unbelievably wet spring and on through summer
that we experienced in 2003, I see the extreme importance of such an
area. I've always tried to keep thing at least a short distance away,
but those darned tawny daylilies just don't listen to reason. They
multiplied while I wasn't watching and filled in that area right up to
the house. They held all that moisture and then I got carpenter ants. I
don't have a gravel spacer, just keep the area well below where the
siding starts and try not to grow things there. The cats appreciate it
because even when there is snow everywhere else, there's a nice clear
path for them under the eaves.

Kitty