Re: weather/gardening

I agree Kitty, it is a matter of what you are used to.  I personally very
much enjoy a break also.  I usually take a break from gardening from Thanksgiving
till Feb....with some spring cleaning inbetween (Jan) as the weather permits
Then again in the heat of the summer for a month or so.  WHich are basically
when the gardens also take a break.   This  is enough time for me to get the
itch to be outside again.  Fortunately though our gardening seasons are long
enough to where we dont' have to spend long hours in the garden at one
time....so like Pam I like to putter around for an hour or so a day, but then still
have time to do other things too.  It's theraputic and relaxing that way....less
burn out.
Different type of gardening too, from what I've gathered from this group....
in warmer climates people tend to have more perenials, shrubs, etc. it seems.
Things also grow faster, longer.   Not much planning and seed ordering, etc.
unless it's a new bed that gets put in, or an old one altered. Other than
that, it pretty much is left alone, with daily minor maintenance/grooming.  I
think the only annual spring/fall planting we do is the vegetable garden and a
few annuals that are purchased in flats.
I enjoy hearing the differences in gardening, etc.  I've learned a lot.  Like
Gene mentioned, we each have our pros and cons....and we're used to it.

zone 9
Texas Gulf Coast
Pam's used to being out there every day.  As much as I love my garden, I do