RE: weather/gardening

Snow day for me!   Hooray!

I'm using some of my spare time to catch up on reading e-mail.  I don't
post very often, although not for lack of things to say, but little free
time. :-(

We've been having that frigid weather, in the single digits and teens,
so I haven't spent much time outdoors!  I'm behind in my horticultural
reading too. Yet, I did start to make some lists of things to look out
for when scouting the garden centers this spring!  Geranium 'Rozanne',
with a long bloom season and blue 3" blooms sounds appealing (Gene
carries it. Gene, give us your take please!)
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/05111.html
Hesperalie pariflora (Common name: Red Yucca, but not a true yucca) has
coral wands, 4'-5' tall, and blooms for months!
http://www.plantdelights.com/Catalog/Current/Detail/00917.html  There's
a yellow clone too.
http://www.mswn.com/Plant%20Info%20Sheets/Hesperaloe%20parviflora%20yell
ow.pdf  Tiarella 'Spring Symphony' has nice foliage as well as bloom for
the shade.

I'm ordering some hanging pots from Gardener's Supply.  (Thanks for
mentioning the site, and reminding me.)  I wanted dark green pots and
the self watering feature is good for me as I'm always letting things
dry out!

My coleus cuttings are so huge that I'll need to take cuttings of the
cuttings soon!  I have to make room for trays of daylily seeds that I'll
be planting next month.  Oh I wish  I had a greenhouse!

Christine Petersen   Northport, Long Island, New York      Zone 7