Re: Clivia Golden Dragon

Marge Talt wrote:
From: James R. Fisher <garrideb@well.com>
Dirt cheap if it's adult; if a seedling, about right.
Did the ad say how many leaves ? Any number fewer than 12 is not yet adult.

----------

Thanks, Jim for this valuable bit of info.  As I noted in reply to
Bonnie (you may not have read it) they are offering 3 leaf plants in
3" pots - obviously infants.

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
I was about to add that the single seed I sprouted last spring
(from Chiltern's) now has 3 leaves. The seed was C. miniata
var. aurea (yellow), and the 2 seeds that I got cost far less
than $14.95. I got three yellow 6-8 leaf seedlings for about $7/each
last spring from that nursery in Maine which has been mentioned
here, can't pull the name out of memory at the moment...
-jrf
--
Jim Fisher
Vienna, Virginia USA