Re: weather

Man! On a grey day in the 50s, I'd be inside imagining the TV was a fireplace!

On Friday, January 16, 2004, at 09:31 AM, kmrsy@comcast.net wrote:

Yeah, 40s are just too durn cold to enjoy working outside IMO.

Generally, I agree, but a bright sunny day in the 40s can be more comfortable than a grey day in the 50s around here. Also, depends on what needs doing. If it takes a lot of exertion, I don't mind.

Kitty
Yeah, 40s are just too durn cold to enjoy working outside IMO.  Can
be done in a pinch, but it ain't fun.

Can't say I've had any great blizzard memories; mostly when I've been
in something that could pass as a blizzard, the electricity has gone
off, making life extremely uncomfortable...cold, dark and miserable,
actually:-)

I'm with you on the spring cleaning.  It is SO gratifying to find out
that I am not the only one with a filthy house during the gardening
season:-)  Simply cuts the old guilt factor by at least half...

Marge Talt, zone 7 Maryland
mtalt@hort.net
Editor:  Gardening in Shade
Current Article: Spring Peepers
All Suite101.com garden topics :
http://www.suite101.com/topics.cfm/635

----------
From: Bonnie & Bill Morgan <wmorgan972@ameritech.net>

Marge, I'm with you. If it is 50 F outside, I want to be outside
and
generally find a way (if it isn't too dark before I get home from
work. I
hate the days where I leave in the dark and come home in the dark.
Of
course, being a bit night blind might have a little something to do
with
that.) At 40 F outside, I have to start wearing gloves or my hands
will
crack and bleed. (Moisturizers don't work for me that well, though
I go
through enough of them.)

It's odd, some of my best memories have come from blizzards! As a
teen,
friends in the neighborhood participated in a bake off from scratch
(guys
included) after we scaled 8' drifts. As an adult being stuck at
home with
absolutely no way out to get to work rather forces one to have a
bit of
bonding time with other members of the family. Come to think of
it, there
is always a baby boom after a blizzard (9 months down the road.)
And being
at home with family isn't always a bad thing.

And I do try to catch up on what needs to be done in the house when
it's
cold. When folks are doing their spring cleaning, so am I, but its
outside!
If one wants clean inside, it must be a winter cleaning. :>D And
indoor
crafts are tending to use more plant materials (dried/pressed) to
help me
get over the dormant plant season and think what other plants I
might put in
for future projects.

Blessings,
Bonnie (SW OH - zone 5) who is rambling at this hour of the
morning. I've
got to get back to sleep. Good night all!

Island Jim
Southwest Florida
Zone 10